XOS is an exclusive customized operating system based on Android Marshmallow for Infinix smartphones. Infinix Hot S is the first device that was launched with the XOS Marshmallow operating system. Apart from XOS infinix also roll out updates for other smartphones that are upgradable which includes, Infinix Note 2 and Infinix Zero 3.
There are two ways to update your smartphone from XUI to XOS; these are through flashing and OTA Update. Some users might be lucky to have the OTA update pop up on their devices, if you don't have root access you can download and install directly but if you have rooted the device don't try it.
To check if you have the OTA update, go to settings >> about phone and check for updates.
NOTE: You must have a working netowrk connection before you can check for updates. If you have rooted your device or the ota update fails to show to you then follow below guide to install the XOS on your infinix smartphone. Before we go let me show you some of the screenshots I took from my Note 2 XOS.
What You Need
- Computer installed with MTK Drivers.
MUST READ: How to Install VCOM/USB Drivers on Your Computer
- Infinix Flash Tool
- XOS ROM (ROM download links can be found below)
- USB Cable
- Your Infinix Smartphone
NOTE: Check your device model before proceeding to know the version of ROM you will download. Go to settings >> About Phone and Scroll down. You will see build number i.e X600-600-H533A1 so we need whether it is A1 or B1
Download Infinix Note 2 XOS Marshmallow ROM
==> 1 GB RAM Flash Version
==> 1GB RAM Tcard/OTA Version
==> 2GB RAM Flash Version (X600-H533A1)
==> 2GB RAM OTA/TCard Version (X600-H533A1)
==> 2GB RAM Flash Version (X600-H533-B1)
==> 2GB RAM OTA/TCard Version (X600-H533B1)
Download Infinix Zero 3 XOS Marshmallow ROM
How to Flash XOS Marshmallow ROM on Infinix Smartphones.
1. Boot your Computer.
2. Install VCOM drivers on your Computer.
3. Extract the Downloaded Infinix Flash Tool.
4. Open Extract location and run Flash_tool as administrator (right click to run as administrator).
5. You should have the below interface shown to you.
6. Extract the downloaded XOS Stock ROM.
7. On your Infinix Flash Tool click on Browser and locate the folder where you have extracted your XOS ROM.
8. Once you open the folder, a scatter file will show up to you just select it and open it as shown above.
9. Wait for some seconds for the file to load.
10. Factory Reset your Infinix Smartphone and Turn it off.
11. Click on Start.
12. Plug in your powered off device.
13. Get a glass of drink and relax till the flashing complete.
14. Once 100% done you have a big tick like the screenshot below.
15. Remove your device and Power it on.
Enjoy your new OS.
How to Upgrade to XOS Marshmallow by Using Tcard.
NOTE: Do not do this if your device is rooted.
1. Download the Tcard Version of the XOS and place it in the root of your memory card. Download links are at the top of this page.
2. Go to Settings >> About Phone >> System Update
3. Tap on menu (three dots) at top right and choose update from local.
4. Locate your downloaded Tcard update which you placed in the root of your memory card.
5. Tap on it and you will be provided information about the archive file.
6. Just tap on install. Get a glass of drink and relax till the upgrade complete.