Apple Watch comes with many different features. It allows you to track your fitness and health or control your iPhone through your watch. You can also connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone or any other Apple device. Like Find My iPhone on iPhone/iPad, Apple Watch has also an amazing feature that is called the Find My Apple Watch, which also use your Apple ID to help you find your Apple Watch when it get lost. However, for some reasons you may want to unlink Apple Watch with your Apple ID, and this post will help you to do it.
You can easily unlink your Apple Watch from your iPhone by following the mentioned steps below.
Steps to Unlink Apple Watch From Apple ID
First of all, you need to ensure that the Find My Apple Watch service is enabled on your iPhone. But before doing that, make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are closer to each other.
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap My Watch tab
- Now tap your watch name and tap on (i)
- Here there will be an option called Unpair Apple Watch, tap on it.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID and password.
- Now tap on OK to confirm your choice.
- Your Apple Watch is successfully unlinked from your iPhone.
After unlinking, you can easily sell or change your Apple Watch without worrying about any troubles. In case you don’t know if your watch is linked with your iPhone or not, you can easily check it as well. You will simply launch Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on My Watch option. After that, tap on your watch name. Tap (i) icon and if you see Find My Apple Watch, you should ensure the service is activated on your iPhone.