Most of the screenshots apps work on the desktop. Which implies that they can’t work when you are on the lock screen and login screen. But there may be a case when you will need to take a screenshot of lock screen or login screen for a particular purpose. I discovered this when I need screenshot of some pages on my Windows 10 PC for one of my blog posts. So I have to play around and find the way out. I have gathered together the procedure I followed to take a screenshot of my lock screen and login screen. In case you also need it for one purpose or the other, you can follow the procedure below.
How to Take Screenshot of Windows 10 Lock Screen
Taking a screenshot of the lock screen is pretty easier than that of the login screen. Lets try and take a screenshot of your lock screen first by following the below procedures;
1. Press Window button + L, your lock screen will be displayed which implies your PC screen is now locked.
2. Still on the lock screen, just press Print Screen (Prt Sc) button on your keyboard.
3. The whole page will be copied to your clipboard.
4. Unlock your screen and go back to the desktop. Locate and launch the Paint App or any Screenshot App you installed on your PC.
5. Paste the copied lock screen inside the App by using paste option or by pressing Ctrl + V
6. You can now save your lock screen screenshot by pressing Ctrl + S button.
HandPicked for You
– Top 7 Best Software’s for Downloading Files fast on PC
– Maintaining A PC: Brief Maintenance Checklist
– How to Know Your Computer Windows Version, Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
– Top List of Antivirus to Protect Your Windows & Mac PC
– How to Add Wallpaper & Background Image on Windows 10 Login Screen
How to Take Screenshot of Login Screen on Windows 10
Taking a screenshot of the login screen is a little bit tricky than that of the lock screen.
1. Launch Registry Editor as an Administrator and navigate to the below location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options
2. Right Click on the right-hand side and Create a new Key. Name the key, utilman.exe. The key will show on the left panel of the screen.
3. Click on the created key. Move the the mouse to the right hand side, right-click and create a new String value called Debugger. Right click on created Debugger to modify it. Set the path of the snipping tool as shown below as the value data of the string.
4. Now press Window button + L to the lock screen and press any button to display the login screen.
5. On the logins screen, click on the Ease of Access button located next to the Power button at the bottom right corner of the Monitor. Snipping tool will come up.
6. Use the snipping tool menu bar to take a screenshot of the Login Screen and click on Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
Note: You can only copy the screenshot when you are on the login screen. Which means you cannot save the screenshot directly from the login screen.
7. Login back to your Desktop, locate and launch the Paint App or any Screenshot App you installed on your PC.
8. Paste the copied lock screen inside the App by using paste option or by pressing Ctrl + V
9. You can now save your login screen screenshot by pressing Ctrl + S button.
Isn’t that simple? If you have any problem with the tutorial you can use the comment section below.