The Google algorithm accompanies us everywhere and is on all our devices. Searches through this search engine incorporate more dynamic variables such as geolocation or previous searches. If Google knows where we are then in order to make life easier, Google will try to show us the businesses, places, shops closest to our location. It will even provide the route with a small plane to reach them; This is Google, all user-friendly.
But what happens when you are not the user but you are the company that wants to appear in the local search results and beat your competition? So what you need to do is sign up for Google My Business, in this post we'll explain how to do it step by step.
If you have already created your listing in Google My Business and you are not yet appearing in the local search plan you may have to review a few important aspects.
Here are some of the tips and recommendations Google suggests to begin positioning in local searches.
1. Enter as much information as you can
The search engine tries to recommend the most relevant results on the subject that has been sought. If you introduce as much information as possible about the business, there are more possibilities to increase the rankings.
Another important fact is that this information is kept up to date in case any change happens there.
2. Verify your location
This is without a doubt one of the fundamental steps to improve your local positioning. If you verify your address, Google will have the guarantee that the address that has been informed is correct and can offer the results with greater guarantee to the users.
3. Get and interact with ratings
Do not be obsessed with this issue, nor force the assessments, could be taken as an attempt to falsify data and will not favor anything in the positioning.
That said, when you have valuations interact with them and generate conversation. This makes the visitors who can see them understand your degree of involvement with your customers.
4. Add Photos
This is a step that does not require too much effort and greatly enriches the profile of the company. Place photos periodically and could increase visibility and help in positioning.
Some SEO tips for your website that will help improve your local positioning:
Once you have applied the advice that Google gives you officially, I recommend that you apply some tricks to enhance the local positioning through the corporate website of the business.
- Implements local Schema to your website: The marking of data of your address, opening hours, forms of contact etc.
- Try to find your business in the main directories of your theme: directories like Yelp, Foursquare, Tripadvisor help improve the prominence of your business.
- Try to publish in local media or blogs: This is another interesting resource. Generate links from local pages like newspapers in your city or blogs from your environment.
- OnPage-Optimization: The webpage of your business should have an optimization of titles and headlines mentioning the city in which it has it’s activity. I give you an example "Cafeteria Merli | Coffee, breakfasts and delicatessen desserts in Los Angeles"
- Link your Google My Business business page: One trick that works great is to link to an optimized anchor from the business webpage to the Google My Business page.
If you are looking for means to improve your business’ visibility in local searches, you can simply search for reliable seo company in your specific region.