Infinix recently release the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for all its Note 2 users. The update is mostly via OTA and this will not cause any problem of wrong flashing of different firmware on the Note 2. In case you haven't updated to the latest Android 6.0 on your Infinix Note 2, kindly go to settings >> About Phone >> System Updates to get the new OS installed.
Have you updated your Note 2 to Marshmallow and need to get it rooted because of one reason or the other. Just follow the below guide to root the Infinix Note 2 running on latest Android 6.0.
How to Root Infinix Note 2 X600 Running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
1. Install Android USB Vcom Drivers on your Computer. You can skip this step if you have already done that.
2. Download SuperSU.zip
3. Copy SuperSU.zip to both the phone’s SD card and internal storage
4. Download CWM for Infinix Note 2 X600 Marshmallow
5. Switch off the Note 2
6. Flash the Clockworkmod recovery.img to the Note 2 making use of the SP Flash tool.
a. Run SP Flash Tool as Administrator.
b. Load the recovery scatter file, which you can locate/find in the CMW for Infinix Note 2 folder.
c. Make sure recovery is ticked as shown above.
d. Click on Download and Plug in your switched off Note 2.
e. Wait till flashing complete and OK tick will show up. Now remove the device.
7. Now Boot the phone into recovery mode using Volume up button + Power button.
While in Clockworkmod recovery mode, you use the Volume up button to scroll up, Volume down button to scroll down and Power button to select.
8. Scroll down to Install zip and select it.
9. Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
10. Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it. Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing.
Chill and Relax till the flashing is complete.
11. Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot.
If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
12. Confirm Root by installing and running Root Checker.